Thursday, February 23, 2012

#78’s Significant Others Petition NASCAR to Put Season on Hold Until Summer

DENVER, CO – The significant others of NASCAR’s Furniture Row #78 based in Denver, CO plan to petition race executives to put the Sprint Car series on hold until the area is expected to have better weather.

“I had no idea that it would be up to me to clear the driveway once race season started,” said Catherine Tidd, girlfriend of one of the FRR Team Members.  “Since November, I have woken up to perfectly dry pavement.  I thought it just didn’t snow on my driveway.  I had no idea that he got up at 5 AM to do it every morning.”

Proud of herself for figuring out how to start the snowblower on her own, since her boyfriend was otherwise occupied getting ready for the Gatorade Duel in Daytona, Catherine thought she had everything under control until disaster struck.

“It was bad enough when I ran over my local community paper,” she said, shuddering.  “But when I sucked up The Denver Post, it was all over.”

“Not only that,” she continued, her eyes filling with tears, “but I was snowblowing in such an erratic pattern that I think I plowed the driveway at least 3 times.  My neighbors were pointing and laughing.  I’ve already made an appointment with my therapist.”

Because of such trials, the entire team of wives and significant others plan to appeal to NASCAR and ask that race season be contained to the months of June – September so that the team members will be home to dig them out before they wake up in the morning. 

“I know it’s too late to save this season,” Catherine said.  “But I’m holding out hope for next year.  Until then, I’ll just have to gun my minivan to reverse out of the driveway and hope for the best.”

No comments:

Post a Comment